Friday, December 4, 2009

First Blog

So this is our first blog entry. I'm not really sure what to put on here just yet but I'm planning to have lots of wedding/engagement updates and fun things like that on here. So I guess the first order of business is to tell you the date

October 16th, 2010

That's when Jason and I will exchange vows then dance the night away! Our colors are red and white. Possibly red and brown. or red and black... I don't know yet but definitely red and something. It's going to be a very casual, very comfortable wedding. I like the country style so that's what we're planning :)

I guess the next thing would be to tell you our story <3
Jason and I have known each other for a long time but up until this year, it was more of a family friend type of thing. My parents were friends with his parents. Anyways. On his 28th birthday (Feb. 5), he showed up at the restaurant where I was working. He wanted to hang out, so we decided to catch a movie. Once I got off, we walked outside and I had left the lights on in the truck. So we went home and got jumper cables and went back and as his car was charging up my truck, I leaned against him and thought "Wow. This is a pretty comfy shoulder. I could get used to this." We went out that night and for the next month, we saw each other almost every day. On my birthday a month later (Mar. 3), we went to the rodeo, and he told me he loved me and asked me to be his girlfriend at 10:08 PM (the exact minute I turned 20 <3 ). When I got home last night, I accepted him as my boyfriend on Facebook (that made it official). Several months later, Jason asked my dad for permission to marry me. He planned a whole evening out on a picnic with fruits and music. Except I didn't know that it was a special Saturday night and I wanted to keep watching TV. He said he had a poem for me so I sighed and paused the TV for his poem. I wasn't being very nice. The last line of the poem was "I want you as my wife." I was completely caught off guard and surprised and I shrieked and squealed and called my mama and made it official (put it on Facebook). The ring is gorgeous. The man is amazing beyond belief. And the moment (although my laziness tried to ruin it) was memorable. God has blessed Jason and I more than we could have ever imagined.
So the wedding is in a year. 316 days to be exact.

I don't think I'll have a problem finding things to blog about.

0 comments: