Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year


Jason and I are starting off the new year with a cliche. "We will eat healthy. We will exercise. We will treat our bodies like a temple. We will read more." I say it every year. It works for a few weeks. This year though, I am dedicated. You can't truly get healthier until you have made the decision. Not thought about, not read about it, not said it. But really sat down and decided that this year is different. So Jason and I made the decision. We are switching to a raw foods diet. 85% raw 15% cooked. It's called the Hallelujah Diet. It's not a diet, though. This is a lifestyle change. This is a change in our eating habits, our boredom habits, our laziness habits. This is working out. We have a video that we are going to do every day. This is eating better. We have a book that we are going through. We have the website that helps with recipes. This is our change. The rest of our lives will reflect this single decision. Want more information on the Hallelujah Diet? Check out this site:
http://www.hacres.com/
Want more information on how Jason and I plan to practically apply all of this? Check out this poem.


2010
another year has come and left
we say we will remember
but we all forget
it’s rather strange
how all the time goes
its runs away
and withers like the rose
we learn so much
and grow so little
some things never change
like a child’s riddle
i will quite smoking
i will eat right
i will change my habits
using my sheer might!
but it didn’t work last year
we didn’t change a thing
or overcome any fears
so why should i make a list
of goals and ambitions
that i will soon forget?
that in 12 months i will find
and halfheartedly regret?
i wont make any goals of my own
i cannot do it
as time has clearly shown
my only option for a better life
is to look above
hand over my strife
and ask for help

0 comments: