Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Centerpieces

So, Jason has been sick for about a week now and I haven't been able to see him. I miss him a whole bunch but hopefully, he will feel better tomorrow.
The good news is that Joy came over the other day and we talked wedding plans. We talked mostly about the reception and food and centerpieces. Here's some of the ideas for centerpieces.

Option 1
Lanterns


I really like the details in this one. We could put just about anything in here: a small candle or some flowers. It would fit well with the outdoor reception.


This one is pretty. I love the simple lines. Very graceful.


This is my favorite. I love the details and the antique feel. Put a small candle inside to illuminate it and the table will feel magical!

Joy said her mom has some that are similar to what I want. They're even red.
We can also go around to antique stores and garage sales and see what we can find. We can always paint what we find red or white. I think the lanterns give off the country feel I'm looking for.

Option #2
Edible Arrangements


I like this one alot. I love the red and the container is pretty cute.


I like this one but I don't think I care for the container it sits in. It's too plain, in my opinion. It looks like it belongs in a garden. I suppose that is the point, though. I like this one mostly because of the amount of fruit in it. There are melons, strawberries, grapes, oranges, pineapples, and many more.


I really like this one too but the grapes look like big ants to me so we would probably go grape-less.


This one's my favorite. It's a pretty close tie between this one and the first one.


Edible Arrangements can get pretty pricey too so if we use them, we would probably mix them with something else. I like them because it gives the guests something to snack on while they wait on us to get there. It's appetizers and centerpieces combined.


Option 3
Floral


This one is my absolute favorite. Bouquets can double as centerpieces so I looked for bouquets, rather than floral centerpiece. This one is gorgeous. If I carry this, the bridesmaids can carry maybe a smaller bouquet of the same thing or maybe just the calla lilies or maybe just roses. Both calla lilies and roses come in red and white so this gives us a lot of options.


This one is very pretty too. I just love the red back drop and the white details! My absolute favorite color combination!


From top left (clockwise): Bridesmaids, bride, bridesmaids, groom/groomsmen, mothers/fathers. The two on the bottom can be interchanged between groom, groomsmen, moms, and pops.


I like the greenery in this one. It makes it look like I picked it from a wild flower field on the way to the church :)


I like this one so much! Orchids are my fourth favorite flower (Bluebonnets, Indian Paintbrush, Buttercups, Orchids, Calla Lilies) but they are so gosh darn expensive and very difficult to find.


We could do a combination of these three somehow. Maybe have a few flower arrangements on each table with one edible arrangement. Or 2 to 3 edible arrangements on each table with the lanterns decorating in between. The possibilities seem endless. These are just my favorite ideas. We could go with floating candles, or large colored candles. We could make cupcakes and put them on a tiered stand. We could get pretty bowls and make fruit bowls or maybe just a fruit platter. I want something that both Jason and I like and something that fits into our style and budget. That leaves the door pretty wide open right now.

0 comments: