Monday, December 28, 2009

Love's Philosophy

I have been in a particularly poetic mood today. I have written two new poems (one unintentional) and if you'd like to check them out, please feel free to at www.onoceansofblue.com <3
I've also felt like reading some poetry. I have two very wonderful books that I love to pick up and flip open any time. The Best Loved Poems of the American People and Treasury of American Poetry. I am a huge American poetry fan. I really enjoy our language. It's not necessarily that I understand it easier, I just think we've got a pretty good mix of so many different cultures that the American English Language is so super unique. Anyways. This is from the Best Loved book. It's by Percy Bysshe Shelley.

Love's Philosophy
The fountains mingle with the river,
And the rivers with the ocean;
The winds of heaven mix forever,
With a sweet emotion;
Nothing in the world is single;
All things by a law divine
In one another's being mingle: --
Why not I with thine?

See! the mountains kiss high heaven,
And the waves clasp one another;
No sister flower would be forgiven
If it disdained its brother;
And the sunlight clasps the earth,
And the moonbeams kiss the sea: --
What are all these kissings worth,
If thou kiss not me?

0 comments: