Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas

Yesterday, I woke up to some wonderful smells. Daddy and Jason cooked a delicious brunch of bacon and omelets. Later, my older brother, Sonny, his beautiful wife, Casi, and their handsome son, Asher came over. We filled the day with laughter and joy and love. Jason cooked dinner, Casi cooked the side dish, and my younger brother, Ethan, baked a pumpkin pie, an apple pie, and a pecan pie. We played rummy, drank cheep wine, and played with our new toys. Christmas 2009 has been, by far, the best ever.


From left: Daddy, Sharon, Nick the Chiwawa, Jason, Me, Ethan, Casi, Asher, Sonny
At the very end of the evening, we decided that after all of the millions of pictures that had been taken, we had yet to take a picture with everyone in it! So here it is: the family 2009


Nick was cold so Sharon wanted to warm him up. He didn't like the sweater and he somehow shimmied out of it but I snatched a picture first.


Jason and Ethan cooking dinner. Stuffed chicken breast topped with baked asparagus. It was so amazingly tasty!


Me and Jason relaxing on the couch after everyone left and everything settled down.


This is Nick's new Christmas sweater. He hates it. It's waaaay to big for him and when he tries to run, he ends up prancing because it gets in his way. He shimmied himself out of this sweater too.


Jason gave me a baby laptop for Christmas :) It's itty bitty and black. I can carry it with one hand and the battery power is amazing! Unlike my old laptop, the keyboard works on this one. I have a card reader and a webcam! It's one of my favorite gifts!


I gave Jason a genuine leather wallet for Christmas. I also gave him a big coffee mug that says "you're the sparkle in my snowflake" It's really cute.


This is our Christmas tree. Jason and I decorated it several weeks ago for my room but then we transferred it to the living room this week. It became the family tree. We put my great grandma's nativity scene in front of it and all the presents around it.


This has got to be one of my absolute favorite pictures of me and Jason. It's so sweet looking!


And finally. Nick as he wishes to be: shivering and sweaterless.


I am so thankful that I will be able to spend eternity in Heaven with my Father. I am also thankful that my family will be there with me. Jesus is the reason for the season. He was born to die and He died for me. Merry Christmas, ya'll!!!

holidays are here
and folks are spreading
Christmas cheer
people scatter and fret
to find the perfect gift
but soon forget
why we are here
the reason for season
is Christ Himself
not evergreens
or flashing lights
or a nativity scene on a shelf
so gather around the family
the young and the old
and tell the Christmas story
as the book of Luke unfolds

0 comments: