Monday, February 1, 2010

Psalm 139:13-16

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my... unformed body.All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:13-16

Fearfully is an intensifier like "very," but it also means "feeling reverence, dread, awe, fear, anxiety, timidness, or terror." To think that our Creator felt that as He knit together! How neat!
"Yare" is the Strong's translation for "fearfully" I think. It's difficult to navigate through translations sometimes. It means "A primitive root; to fear; morally, to revere."
Wonderfully is another intensifier meaning "extremely well." It means "admirable, excellent, marvelous, and astonishing."
"Palah" is Strong's translation for "wonderfully." It means "separate, set apart, sever"!!!!!
In Genesis 21, Abraham "set apart seven ewe lambs from the flock" to prove his word. In Leviticus, "the LORD your God, who has set you apart from the nations" when He promised them "a land flowing with milk and honey."
"Know that the LORD has set apart the godly for himself; the LORD will hear when I call to him. " Psalm 2:3
"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man" Galatians 1:15-16
"Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God" Romans 1:1

And this is how I am made?! WOW! I am made with reverence. I am made to be set apart. When I was knit, when I was woven, when I was in darkness, He knew me. He had already made me in awe and excellence!

I AM FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE.

0 comments: