Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Smile



This is a poem I wrote for Jason while I was inpatient. God has blessed us so much! I wish I could express my joy better, sometimes. Then a poem comes flowing out :) I hope you enjoy it!


thoughts of you
tug the corner of my mouth
turning a frown upside down
as lame as that sounds
its the truth
ive lost my hair
ive got new marrow
…almost…
i need help with simple things
i feel pain
i feel shame
and disgust
and while i tie my scarf
i look in the mirror
my eye is red
popped another blood vesslel
a memory of you creeps in
instead of crying
i smile
it starts at the very tip corners of my mouth
they twitch upward a bit
then my chin gives in
my lips are a sideways "c"
then it hits my eyes
they twinkle at first
then they squint
before ya know it
my eyes are smiling too
next my nose joins the party
it wiggles into a little scrunch
its rather cute
not that im bragging or anything
thats just what you make my face do
my ears move
my cheeks blush
my eyebrows raise
my forehead wrinkles
seconds before
i could have cried
but you invaded my sad moment
now my whole face is smiling
thank you.
i love you.

0 comments: